Latest News

  • cover image
    Premier League: Zaha reveals racist abuse after Arsenal penalty row
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 22:40:14

    https://punchng.com/premier-league-zaha-reveals-racist-abuse-after-arsenal-penalty-row/Wilfried Zaha claims he suffered racist abuse and threats to his family after he won a controversial penalty in Crystal Palace’s 2-2 draw against Arsenal.

    Palace forward Zaha was clipped by Granit Xhaka in the closing minutes of Sunday’s Premier League clash, with Luka Milivojevic converting the spot-kick to end Arsenal’s 11-match winning run.

    Following the match, Arsenal defender Xhaka said he thought the incident had been a “clear penalty”.

     

    But Ivory Coast international Zaha once again found himself accused of diving by fans on the internet, following several previous high-profile claims that he was guilty of simulation.

    Zaha took to social media to defend himself but subsequently revealed in a post on Instagram on Tuesday that the abuse had escalated.

    “For all the people taking it one step further and being racist and wishing death on my family I wish you and your families the best too x p.s my life is still very good despite your hate,” Zaha wrote.

  • cover image
    Wizkid allegedly paid N245.9m to perform at wedding
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 21:37:25

     

    Nigerian pop star, Wizkid, has joined the list of highest paid artistes in the world following his performance at a royal wedding in India.

    The artiste is said to have performed during a royal wedding at one of the world’s top private residences, Umaid Bhawan Palace in India.

    He was reported to have been paid 50 million Rupees ($681,200, N245.9 million) to give a live performance, and he got Indians dancing to Soco, Fake Love and more.

    According to a post made by @AfricaFactsHub, the Nigerian pop star has joined the rank of the highest paid artistes in the world after being paid such a huge amount:

    “Wizkid becomes one of the Highest Paid Artists for Bookings in the World, as he performs at a Royal Wedding at one of the world’s top private residences, Umaid Bhawan Palace in India.

    “He was reportedly paid 50 million Rupees ($681,200, N245.9 million).’’

    Meanwhile, Wizkid who confirmed his trip to India on his Instagram on Tuesday, stated: “Thank U India! Met some amazing people, performed at an amazing wedding and created some amazing memories with my boys.”

  • cover image
    Stop using my music, Pharrell Williams tells Trump
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 21:18:06

     

    Pharrell Williams is not happy that President Donald Trump used his song and has told him to stop using his songs at his campaign rallies, reports USA TODAY.

    The singer, 45, sent a cease-and-desist letter to Trump after the president played his 2014 hit “Happy” at a political event on Saturday, just hours after nearly a dozen people were gunned down in a Pittsburgh synagogue.

    “On the day of the mass murder of 11 human beings at the hands of a deranged ‘nationalist,’ you played his song ‘Happy’ to a crowd at a political event in Indiana,” Williams’ lawyer, Howard King, wrote in the letter obtained by USA TODAY.

    Source: https://punchng.com/stop-using-my-music-pharrell-williams-tells-trump/

    Williams’ legal team noted that the use of the song was not only poorly timed, but in violation of “copyright infringement” and “trademark rights.

    “There was nothing ‘happy’ about the tragedy inflicted upon our country on Saturday and no permission was granted for your use of this song for this purpose,” the letter read.

    The letter made it clear that Williams “will not” allow Trump to use any of his musical catalogue in the future.

  • cover image
    Chelsea legend names the Premier League superstar who is better than Lionel Messi
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 19:46:38

    - Frank Lampard believes Chelsea star Eden Hazard is the best player in the world based on current form - The Belgian star has been impressive under new manager Maurizio Sarri after scoring seven EPL goals so far - Lampard is getting set to return to Stamford Bridge with his Derby side for the Carabao Cup clash on Wednesday Chelsea legend and Derby boss Frank Lampard has declared Blues’ play-maker Eden Hazard as the best in form player in the world at the moment. According to a UK Sun report, Lampard insists that the 27-year-old’s current form under Italian manager, Maurizio Sarri is far better than that of Argentina’s Lionel Messi. Send 'NEWS' to 40227 to receive all the important breaking news as it happens Reacting on Derby’s chances against Chelsea in their Carabao Cup clash, Lampard, who is still adorned by club’s fans believes Hazard’s form will be a huge challenge for the Rams. READ ALSO: Ronaldo snubs Messi, names Modric, Salah and two others for Ballon d'Or award Chelsea icon Frank Lampard claims Eden Hazard is better than Lionel Messi Chelsea icon Frank Lampard claims Eden Hazard is better than Lionel Messi READ ALSO: Lionel Messi names the only superstar he wants Barcelona to sign "On current form, I think he is. Of course, that can change but I love watching him and he’s in his prime. "He is an absolutely outstanding player in world football,” Lampard stressed. The Belgium captain has netted seven times in the English topflight this term, a performance that has been only equaled by Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. In September, the Belgian was named the Player of the Month, while Messi with a fractured arm missed Barcelona 5-1 El Clasico win over Real Madrid on Sunday. READ ALSO: Leicester City star sends emotional letter to late club owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Chelsea icon Frank Lampard claims Eden Hazard is better than Lionel Messi Lionel Messi is currently recovering from a fractured arm READ ALSO: Real Madrid sack Julen Lopetegui as manager, announces his replacement On the other hand, Hazard is still recuperating from a back injury that saw him play no role for Chelsea in last week’s EUROPA League win over BATE, and the weekend’s 4-0 bashing of Burnley. But Lampard is eager to see Hazard sit out Wednesday’s clash at Stamford Bridge as he returns to west London as a manager for the first time. "Let’s hope he wants a rest! I think he’s scared of coming up against my team! It will be a special occasion for myself, as well as Jody Morris and Chris Jones. "I’m excited for the game and looking forward to seeing 40,000 ‘friends’ in the stadium. PAY ATTENTION: Stay updated with the latest EPL news, fixtures, standings and odds with TUKO.co.ke PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'TUKO Michezo' "Walking out at Stamford Bridge will be very special for me,” admitted Lampard, who played alongside Hazard for two years at Stamford Bridge, before ending his 13-year stay at Chelsea in 2014.

    Source: https://www.tuko.co.ke/290379-chelsea-legend-names-premier-league-superstar-lionel-messi.html#290379

  • cover image
    Willy Paul to feature in reality show months after music rival Bahati launched his
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 19:27:48

    Controversial gosposecular singer Willy Paul has revealed he will soon follow his rival’s Bahati’s footsteps and launch his own TV show. The Bora Uhai singer stated his show will cover money, drama and a little touch of music. This plot is oddly similar to that of Bahati’s show. Send 'NEWS' to 40227 to receive all the important breaking news as it happens READ ALSO: Kanze Dena's hot baby sister joins run for Miss Universe Kenya crown READ ALSO: TV girl Lilian Muli denies she has broken up with baby daddy Jared Nevaton In a revelation to Nairobi News, the chap said a viral clip showing him landing a hot slap on a woman was part of his upcoming programme. In the disturbing video, Willy appeared to be involved in an altercation with an unidentified woman.

    The two are seen arguing for a bit before the musician decides to slap his companion. A group of security guards are seen stepping in to restrain the musician but Willy asks them to step away. Now, according to Willy, this was all scripted and soon he will be giving Bahati a run for his own money. Not too long ago, the chap was spotted flaunting bundles of cash in his office and maybe this was also part of the act. There will now be two kings fighting for one throne yet again and this time round, we have no idea who will emerge the winner. https://www.tuko.co.ke/290272-willy-paul-feature-reality-show-months-music-rival-bahati-launched-his.html#290272

    Source: https://www.tuko.co.ke/290272-willy-paul-feature-reality-show-months-music-rival-bahati-launched-his.html#290272

  • cover image
    Judge describes Jacque Maribe’s lover as 'male slay queen'
    Posted on: 2018-10-30 15:50:22

    The judge said Joseph Irungu had no physical address apart from Maribe's house - Judge Wakiaga also termed Irungu popularly known as Jowie as a "woman eater" for his insatiable appetite for women - Maribe was released on bond while Jowie was denied the same for being a flight risk High Court judge James Wakiaga left people giggling in low tones after describing murder suspect Joseph Irungu aka Jowie as a "male slay queen" who is a also a "woman eater". With a stone face and a stern voice, the judge, during Irungu and fiancé Jackie Maribe’s bail hearing further said the suspect has no known residence. Send 'NEWS' to 40227 to receive all the important breaking news as it happens READ ALSO: Jacque Maribe was in the company of Mike Sonko the night Monica Kimani was murdered Judge describes Jacque Maribe’s lover as male slayqueen With a stone face and a stern voice, the judge, during Jowie and fiancé Jackie Maribe’s bail hearing further stated the chap has no known residence. READ ALSO: Confusing faces of Jacque Maribe on TV and after her arrest which have left many talking “The first accused is a male version of a slay queen. I would describe him as a woman eater. He has no known physical address other than Maribe’s house,” Wakiaga said. According to the judge, the place Irungu calls home is Maribe’s house in Lang’ata, thus he was a flight risk. READ ALSO: Jacque Maribe narrates how she met her lover at height of Jubilee campaigns Judge describes Jacque Maribe’s lover as male slayqueen According to Wakiaga, the place Jowie calls home is Maribe’s house in Lang’ata therefore terming him as a flight risk. He also said the suspect who is behind bars for the murder of business woman Monica Kimani was a gun enthusiast who could easily intimidate witnesses if granted permission to face trial outside police custody. Justice Wakiaga further supported his statement with the suspect’s array of social media photos which showed him holding guns without any fear. He even said Irungu had tried to destroy evidence after the death of Monica, citing the accused also has connections in the Middle East therefore making him a flight risk. "The accused has no permanent place of residence and has been keeping up at his girlfriend's place. He seems to have strong ties in Middle East where he secured employment. There have been numerous photos where he posed with guns showing he can access them. He could easily intimidate witnesses, some of whom are known to him," Wakiaga said. Irungu was denied bail and will remain in remand ahead of the trial scheduled for 18, 19th, 20th, 25th, 26th and 27th of June 2019.

    Source: https://www.tuko.co.ke/290335-judge-describes-jacque-maribes-lover-male-slay-queen.html#290335